Integrity promotes trust and confidence in research. The Royal Society and the UK Research Integrity Office have written a toolkit to support, improve, and inspire creative thinking around research integrity and culture within research organisations.
Seven aims are outlined:
(1) creating informal channels to openly discuss research integrity
(2) creating a dialogue around research integrity and culture
(3) agreeing shared expectations
(4) constructing an environment that nurtures training
(5) developing a research environment to be proud of
(6) embedding research integrity into institutional culture; and
(7) fostering community ownership of research integrity.
The toolkit provides a description and background, benefits of achievement, and ideas and examples of actions for each of the seven aims.