Our friends and sister-organisation SENSE has just finalised and announced its forthcoming programme of workshops (in the form of interactive Zoom meetings) for September to December 2020, to continue the success of their Summer conference, supporting members with a socially distanced training and community events.
They have scheduled a wide variety of topics and an array of top-notch presenters, that should be relevant to many EASE members.
SENSE have very kindly offered EASE members a 25% discount on event fees, using the code emailed out to our membership today - check you inboxes for details!
The series of events to choose from is as follows:
• Applying Plain Language Principles to Creating Accessible, Reader-friendly Texts: A half-day workshop devoted to language, by John Linnegar
• Best Practice for Revising Translations: A two-part workshop presented by translator, reviser and trainer extraordinaire Brian Mossop
• Dealing with Language Interference in Texts: Presented by the inimitable former Chair and founding member of SENSE, Joy Burrough-Boenisch
• Refocus • Rebound • Repeat: An online panel discussion about agility and risk-taking in pandemic times
• The Sweet Sound of Writing Finesse: Want to make your writing sing? Let Oliver Lawrence show you how
• The Thinking Behind the Words: A masterclass in copywriting from master copywriter & creative director Chris Baylis
• Writers' Stretch & Tone: A series of six evening workshops from Amsterdam Writers founder Matthew Curlewis
If any EASE members would perhaps be tempted to attend several workshops, or even something like the six-session writing workshop or Brian Mossop's two part workshop on revising translations, they may want to think about joining SENSE in order to attend all the sessions at the members' price (ie half the full price per workshop).
For more information of the seven varied workshops and registration, visit the SENSE Conference webpages.