Council comprises a President, the immediate Past-President, two Vice-Presidents, a Secretary and a Treasurer, and up to seven ordinary elected members.
Do you know someone who would be great on Council?
The Nominations Committee invites members to submit suggestions for nominations. Individuals must be nominated by another member (please ask your nominee beforehand and confirm that they agree to be nominated).
The term of office will be from June 2018 until the AGM in 2021.
Council meets in-person once a year, before the AGM, either at an EASE conference or a similar event. Other meetings are held by teleconference. Council members are reimbursed their expenses for travel and accommodation for the face-to-face meeting but positions are honorary and there is no salary or fee.
We are especially looking for people with a passion for one or more of the following areas:
- Training & skills development
- Outreach to regional chapters
- Research and participation in collaborative initiatives
- Advocacy & liaison with external bodies (e.g. ISMTE)
- Developing guidelines and other publications
- Networking & social media
To nominate someone:
- Each person must be nominated by two members.
- The nomination must be sent to the secretary at least 90 days prior to AGM
- Each nomination must comprise:
- Name, affiliation and contact details of the two nominating members
- A signed letter (sent as PDF or similar) from the nominee agreeing to the nomination, stating their areas of interest and what benefits they can bring to EASE Council
- The cv of the nominee
Deadline for nominations is 7th February, 2018
Each nomination will be acknowledged by the secretary.
If there are more nominations then places to be filled, a ballot takes place. If a ballot is required the secretary will send a ballot form 56 days before the AGM (before 13th of April 2018) – election by simple majority of votes cast in the postal ballot – in the event of a tie, the election shall be decided by the President’s casting vote at the AGM.
- 2nd November, 2017 -