"PubMed Journal Selection and the Changing Landscape of Scholarly Communication."
Date and time: Friday, October 6, 2017, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM EDT
This Webinar is intended for librarians and other information specialists who work with PubMed. Participants may receive one MLA continuing education credit.
By the end of this Webinar, participants should be able to:
- Describe some issues and concerns surrounding the current publishing landscape.
- List the roles and responsibilities of NLM in collecting and providing access to biomedical literature.
- Explain what is referenced in the PubMed database.
- Find the complete list of journals in MEDLINE and in PubMed.
- Describe the selection criteria for the different components of the PubMed database.
- Find additional resources for authors and librarians on assessing publication quality.
If you are interested in joining, registration is on the NNLM site, here: https://nnlm.gov/class/pubmed-journal-selection-and-changing-landscape-scholarly-communication/7780