The 6th World Conference on Research Integrity will be held in Hong Kong, June 2-5, 2019.
The call for abstracts closes on 15th October, registration is now open, and travel grants are available.
The 6th WCRI event will explore the application of new research findings across areas to develop new and better solutions to address New Challenges for Research Integrity.Topics will include improving transparency in research; replication, reproducibility and research waste; management of research misconduct; responsible conduct of research education; the impact of cultural differences in fostering research; integrity in innovation and impact; and assessment of research and researchers.
This will include discussion on:
- Open data, methods, access and other moves towards transparency in research;
- Replication, reproducibility and research waste and the levers that can be used to encourage further and deeper consideration by researchers;
- Better ways of managing research misconduct, including its operationalization in norms and standard operating procedures, and updates on better ways of trying to address it;
- The importance of embedding education on responsible conduct of research into institutions and evidence on how this can be delivered in the most effective way;
- Exploring how cultural differences might impact the conduct of research and need to be taken into account while fostering research integrity, like for instance ensuring proper credit and ownership in cultures which different views on authorship; and
- Ways we should conduct research so that the end-users of our research – governments, industry and the public - can trust and use the findings; that is how we ensure integrity in innovation and impact.
The event will feature interactive workshops the day before the conference. The main program will consist of thematic plenary sessions and symposia, oral sessions, moderated poster pitches, and focus tracks. Over the five days there will be plenty of opportunities for interaction and discussion.